Wednesday, January 11, 2012

let's play catch up!

it's been a while since we've played catch up! sooo, let's catch up!
well, Thanksgiving was AWESOME. I got to eat so much homemade food. I still can't believe how much I ate! at mom's we took our annual Christmas Card Picture. I'm really pleased with how it turned out this year!

FAST FORWARD TWO WEEKS.

Brittney and I were able to go to the first weekend of the NFR. it was my first time going without Pops ever! I'm finally a grown up! on our way to Vegas, we got stuck of the I-40 for almost five hours. (yes, you read that right, FIVE hours.) the eastbound I-40 was closed due to a big rig pile up! 18 semi trucks all got stuck on the I-40! we left around 12 noon, and we didn't get to Vegas until ten to 9!

waiting in the snow on the I-40

Brittney wearing my coat after she cleaned the snow off the car in front of us with her snow scraper!
WE FINALLY MADE IT.

Rodeooooo!! :)
 FAST FORWARD TWO WEEKS.

dec. 22: we cut the meat for all of the tamales we make for Christmas day! it was so nice to get to go home and see everyone! not to mention, it was the same night that Arizona State played Boise State in the Las Vegas Bowl where they undoubtedly got the bums handed to them. it wasn't a very good game, Boise State ran all over ASU.
dec. 23: we made tamales! OHMYGOSH. they were so good. some of the best we've had in a while. also on this day, Brother had a hair cut scheduled. well, there was a little oopsie-daisies that happen. the gal who cuts Brother's hair put the clippers down, and once she did that, the guard fell off, and once she picked the clippers up again, she didn't realize the guard fell off, and BUZZZZZZZ. she buzzed a square patch right out of the back of his head. (hahaha. quite comical.) once he came home, he had a military fade. i absolutely could NOT believe how short it was. the funny part of the story is, Grandma had told him before he left to not let Mrs. Hairdresser cut it too short, "because I don't like it when she cuts it too short."

good-bye hair.
over-all, Christmas was fabulous. it was so nice to be home and see everyone and all of my family. I hope that Santa found all of you and you had a very happy and merry christmas. :)

now, i'm back in Flagstaff, job hunting, waiting for school to start, enjoying the nice weather, and the peace and quite.

happy reading! <3 m

No comments: