Monday, May 4, 2009

prom :)

This last weekend was prom. I had soooo much fun. Aside from all the dress drama that I had, it was a blast. All the dress drama started on the Wednesday before prom. I found a few holes in my dress and the pink area, was snagged really badly. So, I did what any other girl would do, I frrrreaked! I called Dillard's and they called different stores for me and found one at Desert Sky Mall in Phoenix. I jumped right on it and had them hold the dress for me. Well, the dress that was on hold was just as bad, but it didn't have the snag in the pink. So we went ahead and traded dresses. This dress was by far my favorite dress that I've ever worn to a dance.
The night started at 4:30...well, that's when it was supposed to! Brett was going to come pick me up for pictures at 4:30 but he called me at two minutes until and told me he was in a "predicament". I wasn't really sure what kinda predicament he was talking about, so I started to worry a little bit. Well, long story short, he forgot to grab the corsage out of his fridge at his house, and told me he was going to be late, be cause he was getting it.
First, Kennedy and Sheden came to my house, and we all took pictures together. Just Me, Brett, Kennedy and Sheden. Then we went to group pictures at five. I have never had to smile so much in my life. There was a billion and one cameras there. It seemed like every one's parents were there, and each parent had their own camera. My jaw was killing me by the time we got to dinner.
Dinner was at Monti's La Casa Vieja on Mill Ave., we had reservations at six and we didn't get there until 6:20-ish. When we got there, we had to wait because they didn't have our tables ready. Yes, I said tables. We had 26 people in our group and Monti's decided that they were going to separate us into two groups, a table of 14 and then a table of 12. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was kinda nice, all of the guys sat in the booth half of the table, and the girls sat across from their dates in the chairs. Well, as we were waiting for our food to be ready, Chris decided he was going to be Tupac and Brett, well, I'm not sure what he thought he was exactly. A bandit mayber? I just thought it was a perrrrfect "Kodak Moment"

1 comment:

tia said...

Makayla, it looks like you had soooo much fun! You look so pretty!